What did I do today? The day seems to go by so quickly when I write or when I think about writing. I don’t seem to be fit for anything else these days.
1. Shawarma in Exmouth Market. My hunt for the perfect Lebanese eatery continues. This is good and perfect for a mid-week lunch. Still not great though. We kept it light and the lamb shawarma was delicious.
2. Roasted chickpeas. This is easy to do. Rinse and drain a can of chickpeas. Tip into a bowl and dress with olive oil, salt and cumin ground. You could also add paprika and lemon juice. Spread the chickpease on non-stick oven paper, lay it on an oven tray and put it in the oven at 190 degrees if you have a fan oven for about ten minutes but do check after five as ovens and chickpease vary. They should be crunchy but not completely dry. Perfect to add to salads.
3. Today is the birthday of one of my closest friends. We were together middle and high school and amazingly we stayed friends even when I moved to London. I’m very grateful she’s in the world. I’ve got a splendid picture of her grinning like a lunatic at my wedding.
4. It’s terrible to say but since my mother passed away in April I feel more solid, more grounded, less transparent. It’s ugly to say but it’s the truth, and I’m grateful for it because it means that I’m healing. Slowly but I’m healing.
5. Happy Hump Day. It’s Wednesday. We’re half way through the week. Well done, us! Where are we going though? Are we wishing time away? Are we making the most of our time on this planet? That’s a genuine fear.