Exhausted after three very full on days. The brain is fried. I barely know what day it is but I know I have a lot to be grateful for.
1. I’m home. After a weekend away, I’m home. I can shut the door, double lock it and tell the world to sod off for sixteen hours until I have to get up and go out into the world once again.
2. Romancing the Stone. I can sit down in front of a lovely movie and do some work while pondering how impossibly young Kathleen Turner and Michael Douglas look in that film. Apparently the producers had so little confidence about its prospects that the studio fired the director (a chap called Robert Zemeckis) from another project they had in the pipeline even before Romancing the Stone was released. In fact the film went on to be very successful, which meant Zemeckis was the free and had the cache to direct Back to the Future. Not bad huh?
3. At least we weren’t the ones getting thrashed by France!
4. I didn’t embarrass myself. When you feel really out of place but somehow you pull it off without making an absolute fool of yourself. Go me! I live in fear of saying something so incredibly stupid and embarrassing that people won’t be able to conceal it and will look at me with that look that say ‘Oh my god, I can’t believe she’s just said that!’ I call them my ‘watermelon moments’.
5. A pub lunch. It was a scampi and fries kind of day.